Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Snowball Cocktail Hour Anyone?

As I've mentioned before, I currently live & plan events in northern Delaware, but I grew up in and call Ellicott City, MD my home.  While I could go on and on about how great of a town this is (15-20 minutes to downtown Baltimore, 40 minutes from DC, Money magazine's 2nd best place to live in 2010), what I really want to talk about is a source of great Ellicott City/ Howard County pride: The Snowball Stand on Rt 99.  Everyone in town has been there at least 100 times.  Seriously.  It opens around late May/early June every year to delight residents with dozens of snowball flavorings and numerous toppings.  My all time favorite combo is raspberry with nerds on top.  YUM.  While their popularity continues to grow with people aged 2 to 100 (they now sell TSS apparel and there is TSS facebook page as well as a TSS blog), the simple concept remains the same: quality snowballs served with a smile throughout the summer.
 
So, now you know how beloved this hometown hero is.  And you know my passion for personalization of events & weddings.  SO, I practically did a back flip when my Sept 25th bride told me back in March that she wanted to have TSS serve snowballs during her cocktail hour!!!  Brilliant.  Especially since her ceremony & reception site is the Howard County Conservancy, which is probably less than a 1/2 mile from TSS.  I should mention that I have known this bride since we were 15 years old and even though we lost touch during college, we just recently reconnected last fall.  As she is an avid blogger and blog reader, she saw a post about Felicity C Weddings on Charm City Bride blog and reached out to me, figuring that there can't be TOO many Felicity's and that it was probably me.  She was right.  We met up again in February to discuss her wedding and now we are EXACTLY ONE MONTH away from the big day!

Back to the snowball cocktail hour.  The idea is to have 3 flavors available and to have them handed out in kiddie sizes during cocktail hour.  It is a refreshing treat and perfect for this lovely Howard County couple.  I searched for some images of snowball cocktail hours online, but I couldn't find any which actually makes me pretty happy.  Because I know that we are doing something completely new!  Stayed tuned for sneak peek pictures shortly after Sept 25th and then probably towards the middle of November  is when I expect to get the professional photos for my use.  Until then, feast your eyes on the prize of Howard County:

[snowballfront.jpg]
The Snowball Stand: a hometown hero since 1974. Source


http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/44/b/AAAADI9DhLEAAAAAAES17g.jpg?v=1240241474000
TSS will be providing a cart, most likely a tad bigger than this one though.  Source

http://blog.tinyprints.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/snow-cones.jpg
Not 100% on the flavors yet, but I'm sure they will be delish!  Source
*NOTE: this is not a picture of actual TSS snowballs

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000441123/polls_tn_06_30_05_blue_sno_cone_757323_4157_300507_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
Imagine all the happy guests! Source

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! What about Margarita or Piña Colada flavored?

    ReplyDelete