Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inspiration Station: Spooktacular Party Ideas

Yep, I did use the word 'spooktacular' like some run of the mill haunted house advertisement.  But part of the fun of Halloween for me, a bonafide scaredy cat, is the campy nature of the holiday.  Corny & scary go hand in hand and with so many great party ideas out there, I wanted to share some of my favorites.  After reading so many posts with elaborate Halloween displays, I've decided to group together my favorite that are both low cost and easy DIY for decor & food/drinks.  I even included some FREE printable signs to add some pop to your party.  Enjoy!

#1. Marshmallow ghosts aka why didn't I think of this before

Halloween Ghost Treat Display

#2. Spooky candy bar
Spells and Potions Halloween Jar Labels

#3. Spiderweb dip- add sour cream on top of guacamole for the web by starting in the center & drawing lines out to each edge.  Then create the 'web' by drawing lines in a outward facing curve from line to line.  Finally, use knife to smooth down original lines from center out to the edges.  Piping the sour cream would work best.
#4. Mummies in a blanket

#5. Fun phrases on straws are easy, cheap and add a wow factor

#6. Use a huge pumpkin for a drink cooler or serving dish.  Be sure to clean out the pumpkin thoroughly and use saran wrap inside if using for food.

#7. Death by chocolate- chocolate mousse with Oreo crumbles and a thin cookie with RIP in icing

No comments:

Post a Comment