Friday, September 30, 2011

Guest Post: Erica Cote of Silver Immersion

I am so excited to present the first guest post for Every Last Stylish Detail!  Erica Cote, beauty extraordinaire, is the owner and stylist at Silver Immersion, a full service hair, makeup, and photography studio based in Catonsville, MD.  I have worked with Silver Immersion on a client wedding and was very impressed with their work.  When I approached Erica about a guest post, she jumped into brainstorming and decided to focus on a very common question that brides have, "How Do I Figure Out My Bridal Beauty Persona?".  Check this link for Silver Immersions Real Weddings portfolio and definitely keep up to date with the SI ladies by following their blog.  I'll let Erica take it from here:

So now you're engaged... the bridal world is at its knees to cater to you!  But how do you figure out what kind of catering you're looking for??  Your beauty persona is deeply rooted in the kind of event you are looking to have.  Black tie?  Shabby chic?  Classic elegance?  High-end couture?  Once you have an idea, then you can begin to discern the persona that you want for your big day!  Here are the basic questions every bride should ask yourself a few questions to get the ball rolling.

1. Do I like makeup on a regular basis? If not, would I mind it for one day?(can my skin take one for the team)

2. Do I like simple, natural looks? Or do I prefer to be an automatic show stopper at all times? (some prefer Natalie Portman over Scarlett Johansson)

3. Do I like beauty from a particular era? 50's, 60's, 70's?

4. Do I tend to gravitate to looks that give a feel of certain icons? Marilyn Monroe(black eyeliner and red lips), Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren(ooh lala), Diana Ross(flash those lashes girl!), Betty Paige(we get quite a few ladies that like the pinup feel), Grace Kelly, Dorothy Dandridge....I could name tons but at least this gives you somewhere to start!

5. What facial feature do I want to play up? Eyes, lips, cheekbones(never underestimate the beauty of awesome bone structure). From there you can begin to find some inspiration with your ideas to guide you(Gwen Stefani's timeless red lip look might not be what you're looking for if you're more into the bare naked beauty of JLo).

6. Do I like hair that is up and structured or loose and free flowing? You definitely want to go with a feel that flows well with your choices for hair and makeup. Continuity(even if it is unorthodox) is the glue to hold it all together.

So obviously I could go on and on about this, but I think you get the idea.  Hair and makeup is meant to be about accentuating who you already are.  Some choose to let their alter ego shine, while others are content just polishing up the beauty that shines through every day.  Begin to figure out how to be the best glammed up version of yourself on your big day... and don't forget to have fun!!!!


Both images courtesy of Silver Immersion

No comments:

Post a Comment