Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Washingtonian's Unveiled bridal show

I am so thrilled to finally be sharing one of the most exciting events I have been to in...ummm forever.  When I saw Washingtonian's Unveiled bridal show pop up across my beloved Google Reader, I really couldn't hold my excitement.  Besides going to Georgetown to see the best of the bridal industry in DC, there a VERA WANG RUNWAY SHOW!!!  I have been in love with Vera since I first started reading bridal magazines in high school as she epitomized bridal elegance and design.  She is a legend, a rockstar, a trend setter, she who is synonymous with weddings, and I honestly could not believe that I would see her new collection in person!  After first seeing the post about the show, I immediately emailed the info to my bestest who is getting married this Labor Day and luck of all luck, she lives outside DC and she was free the day of the show (extremely rare occurence).  So we boarded the metro on a cold and bright January 23rd full of excitement like two little girls waiting for Christmas.  And let me tell you, this show did not disappoint in any way.

There was such a variety of vendors, our first stop was the Bloomingdale's room complete with a full table set with 10 different sets of china, glassware, silverware, and everything your little heart could desire for your own registry.  Although we didn't go in, there was a panel of experts to answer any and all your wedding questions- how fun!  There were two floors of vendors; stylists from celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson Salon giving girls mini makeovers, a fun photo booth, honeymoon travel agencies, event planners, florists, and a stocked bar which made perfect pomegranate champagne just to name a few.  All the attendees received a Bride & Groom tote bag with the latest issue of Washingtonian Bride magazine and tons of favors (chocolates, lipgloss, and cookies- oh my!) along with info cards from the vendors.  

One of my highlights of the day was meeting the fabulous girls from Atrendy Wedding since I love, love, love their blog.  I even took a picture with one of the planners after discussing my best friend's wedding theme in great detail.  The amazing Rodney Bailey photographers were in full force documenting the event and especially the Vera Wang runway show.  Which was completely perfect and breathtaking.  The runway show was the end to a four hour upscale wedding fest which completely blew me away.  I went as a best friend first and a planner second and I came away even more in love with my job than I was before.  Helping people plan their biggest day is an honor and to be at an event with so much excitement was really special.  Now for the pictures!  The first set of completely unprofessional photos are by me and the second set are by Rodney Bailey.  Please check out the FCW Facebook page this week for the uploaded videos I took during the runway show.  Enjoy!
 
Bloomingdale's registry room
  
One of the Atrendy Wedding girls & me
  
Atrendy Wedding space in the Unveiled show
 
http://www.rodneybailey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ws_0113.jpg 
 http://www.rodneybailey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ws_0129.jpg
http://www.rodneybailey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ws_0115.jpg 
  http://www.rodneybailey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/BrideGroom_1810.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment