Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hitched!!! Barton Wedding 9.11.10

With all the hustle & bustle of this fall wedding season, I just realized that I didn't post about this wonderful wedding!  So, here we go!  Barbie & Mark are a great couple that I have had the pleasure of knowing for about 3 1/3 years now.  I worked with Barbie at my last corporate job before starting my own company in April 2009.  We worked together for two years and once I met Mark and hung out with both of them I knew that it was just a matter of time because they are so perfect for each other.  Barbie knew that I planned weddings on the side for friends and we often talked about wedding ideas.  She told me that I would be her planner when she & Mark got engaged.  Well that time came this past July 4th weekend when Mark asked Barbie to be his wife after dinner on their back deck.  Barbie texted me that Monday and said that she was in need of my services.  From there it all unfolded pretty quickly- along with Barbie & Mark, I planned this wedding in 8 weeks!

Barbie was about 3 months pregnant at the time and really wanted to get married in September before she got too far into the pregnancy to enjoy the wedding.  She knew right away that she wanted a "French Country" theme and we completely lucked out in finding a venue with perfect decor that had a September Saturday open up.  On the wedding day, the weather was amazing for the ceremony & reception that took place at The Farmhouse in Wilmington, DE.  Barbie was very hands on with the planning and bought a bunch of cute decor accents while at the Outer Banks in late July.  Sparkle Photography's Kathy Wilson did a fantastic job of capturing all the sweet moments and details small to large throughout the day (personalized unity candle! hand-painted guest seating chalkboard! adorable quote sign for guest book table!).  One of my favorite details was bagpiper David Bailiff, who played as guests arrived to the ceremony and led the couple on their ceremony recessional, whose great talent celebrated the groom's ancestry.

As for the food, The Farmhouse has in-house catering by Country Caterers Inc. which was complemented with a cake by Sweets To You By Ginger, Inc.  During the planning process Barbie & Mark asked for DJ recommendations and my first thought was Jon Anson of Anson Audio, who I worked with in June.  He has the great ability to keep every guest happy and keep the night going while staying on my timeline.  Alfreda McCoy-Cuff was a friend of the bride's who has planning and floral design experience.  Alfreda's knowledge and resources were great and the beautiful floral arrangements really tied in the theme. It was a joy to see this wedding come together so quickly and to help one of my friends with her big day.  Married life certainly looks good on the Bartons and I can't wait to meet baby Lane in February!  Here are the photos of this beautiful day.  Enjoy!

 






 


1 comment: