Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Less Is More: Embracing Simplicity In Your Wedding

As many fantastic ideas, themes and details are out in the wedding world today, it all can be very overwhelming.  For me, there are very few scenarios that are worse stylistically than seeing an event with random details thrown in.  Every now and again I do come across really simple and gorgeous wedding posts, whether it is an engagement shoot, real wedding or even elopement.  I want couples to know that simplicity should always be considered and here are some great examples of how less really can be more.  Enjoy!

#1. E-Shoot without the frills.  This shoot is proof perfect that a couple in love is the only theme you need for gorgeous engagement photos.  If an elaborate theme is not your style, skip the 1940's bike, the multi-colored macaroons with fussy sets... just let the 'theme' being how much you two are in love!

engagement photos in the rain

#2. A sanity saving elopement.  I have pulled a 180 on my feelings about elopements since I started Felicity C Weddings LLC.  I used to wonder why couples would choose to keep such an exciting day private but after working with many clients I realize that a huge celebration is not for everyone.  Sometimes the stress of pulling together a huge, expensive bash gets away from the point of the wedding, which is to start a marriage.  I love this sweet winter elopement featured on Ruffled which manages to walk the line between elegant, simple and celebratory.

Winter Elopement at Devil's Thumb Ranch


#3. The freedom of choosing the simple path.  One of the best parts of my job is passing on inspiration to my clients so that they can truly have the elements that they want.  This bride featured on 100 Layer Cake chose one wooden flower for herself and for each bridesmaid since real flowers 'are expensive... they die and they didn't seem to fit our theme'.


No comments:

Post a Comment