Monday, March 28, 2011

Variety IS the Spice of Life

If you can plan a wedding...you can plan anything.  It is a common truth in the event planning industry and after planning corporate events, social events, and weddings, I can honestly tell you that weddings are the most involved planning experience inside & out.  No matter which package my clients choose, weddings have an enourmous amount of details and required communication between multiple people (the couple, the parents and all their vendors).  Then you add in the emotions that come with wedding excitement and working with vendor timelines and schedules, weddings are the largest events in every area imaginable.  And call me crazy, but even with all the hardwork involved, I do love weddings because they truly are the most rewarding events to plan. 

But it is nice to get the opportunity to scale down and plan other events.  The only way I can describe the difference would be the difference between preparing for & hosting a huge holiday (Christmas, Hanukkah or Thanksgiving) at your house versus celebrating family birthdays throughout the year.  For 2011, Felicity C Weddings is already working on a weekend soccer tournament, an anniversary party, and a few corporate events.  I must say that it is nice to switch things up.  I feel so grateful to be a part of such a varied roster of celebrations and I think I keeps me fresh for weddings to work in other event planning areas.  I felt drawn to event planning since I was in high school- my love of organization and attention to detail kept my nose buried in wedding magazines & my mind focused on getting into the industry.  And in my personal life I never give up an opportunity to plan something special for the people that mean the most to me.  I know my posts are usually industry information-driven but I wanted to take time out to talk about what Felicity C Weddings has in store for this year.  Stay tuned & thanks again to everyone that supports my passion of event planning!

Love makes the world go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment