Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I'm Loving Right Now

#1. Polaroid Art.  Yes, you read that correctly: polaroid art.  Jersey Maids creates unique gifts from polaroids that are blowing my mind.  Such personal and creative items that have a real wow factor but are elegant enough to use again and again.  Total win. 


#2. Keeping up with non-wedding blogs.  If you are engaged, you most likely subscribe to some wedding blogs.  But, as I tell as my clients- do not allow your life to become wedding-centric.  Follow a few non-wedding blogs; a few of my favorite are The Glitter Guide (fashion/ beauty/ lifestyle), Tom and Lorenzo (celebrities/ fashion/ reality tv), A Cup of Jo (lifestyle) and my new discovery Brooklyn Fit Chick (health/ food/ fitness).  I'm putting this under my 'things I'm loving right now' post because I'm waist-deep in booking season and even as a planner my mind needs a break from weddings a few times a day.


#3. DIY that I actually want to try.  Self-admittedly non crafty as I am, it is very intimidated by seeing SO many DIY wedding posts.  These couples looked like professionals and had to have spent a lot of time perfecting so many ideas.  More recently I have seen 'easier' DIY projects that reflect the personalization aspect over the perfection aspect like this yarn chandelier from Hostess With The Mostess Blog.  My goal is to try some of these ideas and post about them on here, showcasing the good, the bad and the ugly.  If I can master a DIY project, anyone can so keep an eye out for upcoming crafty posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment